The RiverDog Crew
TANIWHA'S DEN 2021
Taniwha’s Den is a boutique music and arts festival that is situated on the beautiful Pahaoa River Hinakura. Taniwha’s Den brings you the finest DJs from across New Zealand, the best Soundsystem, visuals, art and light installations from a crew dedicated to providing awesome experiences.
Taniwha’s Den is a boutique music and arts festival that is situated on the beautiful Pahaoa River in Hinakura. An event like no other, Taniwha’s Den brings you the finest DJs from across New Zealand, the best Soundsystem, visuals that are out of this world, incredible art and light installations and a crew that are dedicated to providing an experience that will leave you reeling and talking about the weekend for years to come. There is no other destination in New Zealand quite like Taniwha’s Den. We are honoured to have this amazing place to gather, we ask that you respect the Whenua, the Awa, the Taniwha, and everyone gathered to party and dance for 2021.
- LOCAL CUSTOM
- COVID-19 we guarantee a full money back refund of your ticket should the event be cancelled due to CV-19.
- We will meet all required CV-19 health & safety requirements on-site to ensure we don't spread the virus.
- Please respect the Den, its whenua and awa, this is a fragile environment, treat it with love and respect.
- Leave only footprints. Please take your recycling and rubbish home with you. We will provide rubbish bags and containers for your ciggy-butts. The stuff you drop on the ground ends up in the awa and then the sea, lets start looking after what we have on this beautiful planet.
- No dogs, No glass, and please think about the plastic you bring or use. Plastic is a real nasty for us at the Den.
- No glow sticks, please. These get discarded on the ground and end up in the river after heavy rain. When they get to the sea they endanger marine life.
- Bring LED's and DRESS UP. We love LED's & DRESS UP's because they are reusable.
- No fires or charcoal BBQs, as its hot and dry in February and a total fire ban will be enforced.
- Do not swim in or drink the river water. Because of low water levels and the chance of catching a nasty bug. We have clear spring drinking water free on-site as well as free showers to refresh with.
- Bring a sun hat, sunblock, water, sensible shoes, a warm jacket as it gets cold at night, something to sleep in, bug spray, cash.
- There is no EFTPOS or cell service (put your phone on aeroplane mode when you leave Martinborough to preserve your battery.
Great Food & Non-alcoholic drinks will be available to purchase (cash only)
Do not feed the Taniwha! She will be in a party mood.
- Our aim is for everyone to have a great time and feel safe while they’re partying so bring your friends and please, look after them and yourself.
- Consent matters! NO MEANS NO, look after each other......
If you think you or someone else needs help, please seek assistance from one of the Dens helpful security staff, who will be on duty 24/7.
- As always your Taniwha's Den ticket includes camping, Know your Stuff testing, showers, freshwater and a party that will rock the house down. This 2021 year we will be providing day passes as well as the full weekend pass. Early birds will sell out so get in quickly to ensure your place in our space. Remember this is a limited ticket event!We look forward to dancing on the earth with you all again this summer.